Sunday, September 14, 2014

Debut Sample Speech


Debut speeches are usually given at the end of the celebration. It can serve as closing remarks.
Not all debutantes are comfortable in delivering speeches. Most are shy and do not like to deliver long speeches. The truth is debut speeches don't need to be long. You just need to express what you feel. Usually, debut speech is just a series of thank you messages and appreciation to your special someones. Read on the example below

Thank you for coming tonight on my debut celebration. 
I'm so happy and surprised that my parents organized a party as big as this.  I didn't expect that I will experienced an awesome celebration tonight. Mom, Dad, I love you and thanks for taking care of me for the past 18 years. 

To my friends, I appreciate your presence and heartfelt messages. I hope we can still be together on our next semesters and even after graduation. Thank you for your patience in listening to my problems, helping me on my projects, and advising me on my love life. I promise to be there for you when you need my help. 

Lastly, I would like to thank all the sponsors and those who help in providing the decorations, food, cakes and my lovely debut gown.

Please enjoy the food and the rest of the party. 


You don't need to memorize your speech. A brief outline or idea of what you to say is sufficient planning. However, expect that you are going to deliver a speech in front of several people.
Avoid stuttering, avoid long pauses and don't be nervous. I advise you to speak in any language that you are more comfortable with to avoid nervousness and stuttering.

This is your birthday. This is your day! Just have fun and share the fun while delivering your speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment